We promised to keep you updated on our Peech Hotel expansion project so that you are aware of progress, and we are super excited to share our latest update with you!
Currently in our 20th week of ‘building’, during which time we have hosted more than 1570 guests (>2780 room nights) during this period. To date we haven't received a single guest complaint regarding the neighbouring building project.
Today as they stand, the (new) building infrastructures are complete, roofs are on, plumbing and electrics are being installed, and internal plastering is well underway. This week we begin extensive landscaping and planting project to "greenify" the area around our new rooms before spring arrives. Due to the efforts of our incredibly hard-working and dedicated team, we are on track to meet our projected launch date before year end.
Last week we had our ‘dream team’ of architects, interior designers, building project manager, key contractors and operational experts on-site for a comprehensive room mock-up, whereby we finalised ideal furniture placement, electrical points, bathroom fixtures, heights for luggage racks etc. We are incredibly excited about taking this opportunity to grow and reposition ourselves as Joburg’s coolest place to stay!
New Rooms – Interior Décor Theme:
Working with a talented team of designers we have created an interior design theme which embraces sophisticated minimalism, whilst ensuring that the design of our new rooms are both relevant and functional. Based on our commitment to sustainable tourism we have selected finishes that are both conscious and simple. The décor theme is based on a calm and peaceful monochromatic palette, with proudly local bursts of SA inspired hues and patterns – we like to call it “understated Afri-Chic”.
New Luxury Rooms / 2019 Bookings:
We anticipate the release of our new rooms for ‘booking’ from early October, and we'll confirm exact dates and details shortly – including 2019 rates for our Luxury Rooms. For now we can accept 2019 bookings within our current inventory (existing 16 rooms), taking note of preferential requests for new Luxury Rooms when we officially open bookings.
Our Ongoing Commitment to Travel Partners & Guests:
• The build site is located on the neighbouring property, which is fenced off and separate to the existing hotel grounds and operations
• Hours & days of construction work – Monday to Friday, 07h30 – 16h00
• No building over weekends or public holidays
• Access to the construction site is via the neighbouring property and does not pass through the current hotel entrance or property
• As a precaution we have implemented 24 hour security at the entrance to the hotel to ensure the absolute safety and comfort of our guests at all times
• Given our experience with the original hotel build (2002) and previous expansion projects (2006 & again in 2008), we are confident that constrution will not negatively impact our existing guest rooms
• As owners, we are managing the construction project directly (we live within the build site), and therefore control ALL aspects of the build to ensure there is no disruption to our business or hotel guests
Please contact James or Vicky Peech on firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries related to the expansion project. You have our personal guarantee that the comfort and positive experience of guests in the existing hotel will absolutely remain our highest priority.